Thanks to all for visiting
with FOG for another year.
Saturday, 20 December 2014
Monday, 15 December 2014
Well, this is our final Principle of Design in our series of Elements and Principles of Design. We've enjoyed the time spent on these collages over the past months and have learned a lot about design in the process. The Principle was Depth and Space.
Unless we work in 3 dimensions, work on a canvas is only 2 dimensional. We can only convey space and depth with visual cues.
There are a number of ways that you can do this incorporating many of the Element and Principles of Design that we have done over the past months.
|Warm Up Collage|
Design Principle - Depth and Space
The most common ways are:
· Overlapping objects to suggest depth.
· Creating shadows.
· Size of your subject matter, sometimes in conjunction with a known object.
· Colour can suggest depth, where warm colours appear to advance and cool colours recede.
· Depth of field. If your object is out of focus it seems that it is further away.
· Where an object is on your page or canvas. Towards the bottom they will appear larger and smaller towards the top.
· Use perspective to indicate depth or distance.
Stay tuned in 2015 to a new series of warm up exercises that we will be working on during FOG Tuesdays.
Monday, 1 December 2014
The Calgary Public Library is offering a number of “Meet the Makers” events over the next six weeks and Jan and I have been invited to lead two of the sessions.
These sessions are a chance for library patrons to meet us and for you to learn a new skill with these easy make-and-take projects.
No registration is required and all supplies are provided.
Wire and Bead Pendant Session
This session has been rescheduled to Tuesday, December 16 from 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM at the Central Library downtown.